Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This manuscript has currently only been submitted to SAJAA and has not been published previously.
- This work is original and all third party contributions (images, ideas and results) have been duly attributed to the originator(s).
- Permission to publish licensed material (tables, figures, graphs) has been obtained and the letter of approval and proof of payment for royalties have been submitted as supplementary files.
- The submitting/corresponding author is duly authorised to herewith assign copyright to the South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA).
- All co-authors have made significant contributions to the manuscript to qualify as co-authors.
- Ethics committee approval has been obtained for original studies and is clearly stated in the methodology as well as provided as a supplementary file.
- A conflict of interest statement has been included where appropriate.
- The submission adheres to the instructions to authors in terms of all technical aspects of the manuscript.
- Plagiarism: The submitting author acknowledges that the Editorial Board reserves the right to use plagiarism detection software on any submitted material.
Letters to the Editor(400-800 words) (1 page)
Original Research(2800-3200 words) (4-5 pages)
Scientific Letters(2400 words) (3-4 pages)
Case Studies(1 800 words) (3 pages)
(2 400 words) (3-4 pages)
By submitting manuscripts to SAJAA, authors of original articles are assigning copyright to the SA Society of Anaesthesiologists. Authors may use their own work after publication without written permission, provided they acknowledge the original source. Individuals and academic institutions may freely copy and distribute articles published in SAJAA for educational and research purposes without obtaining permission.
The work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial Works 4.0 South Africa License. The SAJAA does not hold itself responsible for statements made by the authors.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.